Friday, July 22, 2005

Bah!

Ever been volunteered for something you really didn't want to do? I am all the time. Today, I am fixing the computer of my father's coworker's brother. Nice guy I'm sure, but I don't know him. Why am I fixing his computer?

Self-diagnosis of a computer problem is also pretty aggrivating. He said "My hard drive is broken." Well, the hard drive works fine. After a week of trying to find a hardware problem, because I thought he meant something physically broke, I find out he merely meant it had spyware that needed cleared off. Bah!

So, lesson learned: Always ask really specific questions when someone says their computer is broke.

I should get it done, but I have work tomorrow. Besides, I'm fixing it for free, so he can be patient.

Rock on, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home