Sunday, August 07, 2005

Documentry Review: "Orwell Rolls in His Grave"

If you've read my blog further than my random ramblings and talking about attractive girls licking their handheld video game systems, you will know that I am a very political guy with a profound distrust in the Government, corporations, and media.

Of course, the reason I have a distrust in those three is because, in reality, they're all the same. Corporations own the media, and both influence politics through money and services, which in turn aid or hinder the other two with laws and regulations.

Now, there are tons and tons of documentaries on this. Most of them are crap, quite frankly.

"Orwell Rolls in His Grave" is not one of the crappy ones. This documentary on the corruption of the mainstream media in the United States and abroad is a well made, entertaining, and informative documentary. Quite frankly, it is so informative it is chilling. It is quite dense in terms of content, and I may have to watch it again one or two more times before everything sinks in because it was a lot to come to grips with. And that's coming from me... I'm afraid others might have aneurisms trying to absorb it all.

I really don't know how to put it, but I'll sum it up:

Everything you see via the mainstream media is politicized. It is approved, spun, and created by businessmen and politicians who want to control what you see, hear, and if they can manage, think. This is a terrifying march toward the total information control of Orwell's 1984.

I really can't do much more with it. It kind of blew my mind.

Buy it. Watch it. Talk about it with others, and have them watch it too. This film will not be seen on the media stations which it criticizes, so this is the only way to get it around.

"Orwell Rolls in His Grave" is an important political documentary for all people who consider themselves citizens of a democracy to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home