Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thunderstorms

Quite a storm out tonight. I used to love thunderstorms when I was a kid. I still like rain, and maybe even a little lightning to a degree, but ever since a big storm knocked over the ninety eight foot maple tree in my front yard a few years back (squishing most of the stuff in my yard and taking out my power for three days), not so fond of storms any more. The lightning and wind also messes with the electric and the phones, which a Net-bound dork like me just no longer appreciates.

So, I'm stuck camping this weekend. I'm an assistant scoutmaster for the local scout troop, and we're the organizing troop of the district's fall campout. And boy, will it suck. Supposed to rain ALL weekend. I haven't really had a good time camping in quite a while. All the older kids (who are sort of supposed to help us keep order a bit, and teach the younger boys) are no longer here. It's all young ones, and I swear they're all hyperactive. It goes from being a Scout troop to being a babysitter sometimes... Oh well.

Won't be blogging due to the fact I'll be getting rained on, so rock on and stay dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home