Thursday, September 29, 2005

Writing Fiction Is Such a Pain in the Ass

I used to write Science Fiction in high school. I am a big dork, after all. But I got out of it, because I decided I was wasting my time ever trying to write.

Had to buckle down! Go to college! Get my Edumacation-thing! Get a job, make money, etcetera... etcetera... etcetera. No time for fun, there's work to be done!

Well, my job is good. It's tedious and thankless work, but the pay and benefits are right and the coworkers are decent people. But all work and no play is... Exhausting. I'm starting to lose my hair. I needed a hobby to chill me out a bit.

After giving a few other hobbies a whirl (and NEVER having enough people to play paintball... Darn it!), I turned back to my old hobby of writing fiction.

I've been out of it for around seven or so years now, but I had a nice big new idea burning away in my noggin and I figured I'd be able to start cranking out a somewhat decent first draft.

So I sat down at my PC... and sat... and sat... and sat... Played solitaire... and sat.

And for good measure, I sat.

I have the idea, oh yes, I have the idea.

But I am at Point A, and can't figure out how to get to Point B.

Such a pain in the ass, I swear.

So I'll get back to y'all tomorrow... And hopefully I am not bashing my head off my keyboard at that time.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home