Sunday, October 09, 2005

Serenity

Well, I know I had something important to write... But that was well before I spent the evening sharing drinks with a lovely young lady fairly hanging off me. That usually doesn't happen. It was a good day.

Anyway, I saw Serenity earlier. It's the movie continuation of the television series Firefly, that I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Serenity viewers can be divided into two categories. Those who have seen Firefly, and those who haven't.

For fans of the original series, Serenity is quite the treat. It explains a lot, from the layout of the system, more on River and Simon's escape from the Alliance, to the origins of the Reavers... It was cool. Also some things that may shock some fans too. Ending is fairly bittersweet, kids, but still a great flick.

For folks who have never seen Firefly, some "inside jokes" or finer details may be missed, or events may lack the emotional impact; however, I had two of my cousins with me who had never seen Firefly and both reported positive views on the movie. Even though you may not automatically know the characters, they do a decent job of getting each character's personality across even if they do pretty much jump into the action.

In short, I was not disappointed with Firefly. Serenity does not fail me either. It's good stuff.

So, Final Grade!
For Firefly fans: A. A definite must-see
For Others: B. A solid, enjoyable film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home