Saturday, November 12, 2005

Access Denied!

There is nothing more annoying to a technophile such as myself than being denied access to the Internet. It is a semi-frequent occurrence to me, and the only problem I have with my Internet service provider. Other than this, my ISP is great. (As great as Dial-up can be, anyway. It's a downside of living in the sticks.)

After a hard day's work yesterday, I sat down at my computer and ran through the connection, only to be told my username or password was wrong.

Well, it's not my username. That's saved. So I must've mistyped my password. A rare occurrence, but a possible one. I carefully retyped my password and tried again. And again. And again, and again, and again. I certainly don't do it wrong THAT much.

So if someone at an ISP could explain why, at random intervals, the server decides to reject my password for hours, it would be appreciated and informative.

(And no, I did not constantly try for hours on end. I tried about once every twenty minutes for three hours before giving up and going to bed.)

It's not a good feeling, being denied access. And the less that happens, the better I feel (and the longer I'll continue to pay my ISP!).

Rock on, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home