Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Myst V

So here I am, playing Myst V. And not getting very far.

For those who are unaware... you poor slobs... Myst is a computer game. An adventure game, to be exact. The general idea is you have to make your way through these interesting worlds solving puzzles to progress through the story. They're real mindbenders. But it's the premise that drew me in. The premise is the characters in the game can write worlds... They have a language that, when written down, creates a "link" to the world described in the writing. I always loved that idea.

Anyway, me being an impatient fellow sometimes, I've never made it through one of the Myst games without looking up answers. In the original Myst, it was only one puzzle. In Riven, the sequel to Myst, it was two puzzles. In Myst III: Exile, I think I gave up about twenty minutes in and just cheated like a sonuvabitch. In Myst IV, I actually lasted surprisingly long, but eventually gave up. In the Myst spin-off "Uru" and its expansion packs "To D'ni" and "Path of the Shell", I would have done real well if some of the puzzles hadn't been "Stand still for fifteen minutes." What kind of puzzle is THAT? Honestly.

So anyway, Myst V: End of Ages is the LAST Myst game. Storyline over, c'est finis. So this is my FINAL chance to beat a Myst game without cheating.

And it really sucks. :( I'm stuck beyond ridiculousness. This will take me months.

Okay, rant over. Rock on, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home