Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Ahh, been a few days. The Holidays are a busy time for many people, and that includes me. I don't think I'll be back until after Christmas, so a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (whatever you prefer) to my few regular readers and also to any poor saps that randomly stumble upon my inane ramblings.

Now, just a bit of commentary about a man named Bill. Bill O'Reilly, to be exact. I have something to say that really must sent off in his direction, in regards to him believing "Secular Forces" are out to "Destroy Christmas." That something being: "Dumbass."

"War on Christmas?" Gee whiz, I don't know if you looked around recently, but I think Christmas is winning. I could do a line-by-line refutation of his pieces, but reading it again and realizing how stupid the whole thing is and that people actually believe him... that would just make me unhappy. So I won't read it again.

Suffice to say: There is no War on Christmas. It is all in Bill O'Reilly's head. I don't think that the 80-85% of Americans who celebrate Christ's birth have anything to worry about from the Secular side of America.

You want to worry about Christmas being destroyed? Blame retailers from ripping out all the good feelings that Christmas was supposed to have and turning it into an angry stressful Consumerfest. Overcommercialization is more of a threat to Christmas than the American atheist minority. So stop fighting battles where they don’t exist.

Okay, that's enough negativity for one evening! Enjoy your weekend, folks!

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home