Sunday, March 27, 2005

Pocky

I've spent most of the day out in the city shopping with the family, so I am tired. (For the sake of annoying people, I'll just call it "The City" without telling you where I was. Mwah ha.) Plus, I have a headache the size of a Politician's ego. But I told myself when I started this, "Self, you'll write something in this blog every day."

So... "Something."

Eh, in all seriousness... I really do not like cities. From the hills around it, the city I went shopping in looks quite nifty. Big towers, pretty buildings. When you get down to the nitty gritty though, the streets are filled with trash and graffitied buildings and it looks like crap. Actually, it's quite depressing.

At the risk of being cliché, "...Thank God I'm a country boy!"

One thing I do like though, is that I can get Pocky. For you poor people uneducated in the goodness that is Pocky, it is a Japanese snack. A thin biscuit-stick-type thing (Crackerish, but not quite) dipped in chocolate. So simple, yet so delicious. I bought six boxes of it.

Mmm. Pocky.

They do not sell Pocky in the sticks, so rural people lack Pocky. And that makes me sad. :(

But in all seriousness, I don't have all that much to say today. I think I'm going to go take a nap now.

Happy Easter! (Or whichever summer solstice celebration you care to celebrate.)

So 'til next time, rock on.

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mystery person, you rock.


And you roll.



Yes, you rock and you roll.




You rock and roll.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm...I like pocky too. I bought some in a convience store in Yokohama and was hooked. Unfortunately I had to leave Japan and come back home...sans pocky. I can't believe you have pocky wherever you are. I'm so jealous...

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm... pocky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home