Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sexy PC = = Aching Back

Got all the PC parts in, finally, and spend about four hours wiring it up. I still need to pull my hard drives from this PC and put it in the new one before it all works, though. Bummer. Plus, my back hurts from being hunched over my case for most of the evening putting everything in it's proper place.

I really should wire up some SATA drives instead of reusing my IDE drives to take full advantage of what my new rig has to offer, but I just reinstalled everything a few weeks ago and I don't feel like using up any more of my precious MSDN installation keys (I only get so many, ya know!). In addition, reinstalling on a Dialup connection is a real PITA when it comes time for security patches.

No big rush, though. I still need to figure out how to fit a 20 inch full-tower case in a desk that has a tower hutch of 18 inches.

Fitting 20 inches of case in an 18 inch hutch is problematic, you see. It's 2 inches too big, and that just won't do.

So I can either take a hammer to my existing desk, or purchase myself a new one. Decisions, decisions.

I'm gonna go lie down now. Rock on, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home