Monday, April 11, 2005

Badass

So I went drinking over the weekend. I was kind of in a crummy mood and needed to "talk to my buddy Jack. (Damn, haven't said that since college.)"

(A few shots of Jack Daniels on the rocks, my poison of choice.)

So anyway, the bar was packed and the service was really shitty. I hate that bar. It led to my somewhat incoherent rant about Friday night.

But that's not the story.

This one belligerent idiot, well into his booze, had his elbow resting on my shoulder and he was waving a handful of ones and shouting at the bartenders, trying to get their attention. (Yeah, there's a good idea, idiot. Call the bartender names then expect her to get you a drink. Right.)

This lasted about five minutes. Now, I'm a pretty patient guy, but it had been a rough day and someone had spilled beer on my leather jacket about fifteen minutes earlier. My patience was wearing thin. The last thing I want is some stone-age reject leaning on me, waving his hand around like a moron. So after asking the guy nicely to get his arm the hell off me a few times, to no avail, I got mad and said, "Get your arm off me, or I will break it."

As something like that is not something I've done before, the level of venom and dead-seriousness in my voice surprised me. It must've surprised him, too, because he took his arm off my shoulder and moved to the other side of the bar.

(Good thing, too, he probably would've kicked my ass.)

As the fact that it was a combination of grouchiness, tiredness, and a wee bit of Jack-Danielness, that is not something I am likely to do again.

But for one moment, I was badass. :)

But that's all I got for tonight, kids. So 'til next time, rock on!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May heaven vomit upon you and your evil deeds.

-Not S.O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home