Thursday, April 07, 2005

Land Walker, Take 2; How to Avoid Spam; plus another Blogger link!

Firstly, I fixed the broken Land Walker robot link. I ran the site through a translator, and man, did the translation suck. It said stuff like "The current adults, small time, the robot which has yearned, real bodily sensation robot" blah blah. Basically, it is roughly analogous to "Somebody set us up the bomb." So I figured I would paraphrase.

The Land Walker 2, Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Land Walker 2; Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Paraphrased from the website:


"Since we were children, we have yearned for a robot in which we could ride in and operate. This dream is made real with the 'LAND WALKER' robot!

The computer controls the support and movement of the robot via four foot operated pedals; for front and back, left and right. The left and right air guns are operated by joysticks, so one can both use the guns and move! Presently, only the development model exists, but we are close to building more, possibly for 'Robot Opposition' games."

Data:
Total Height: 3m 40 cm (KnightErrant: Just shy of 11 1/2 feet)
Gross weight: 1000 kg (KnightErrant: 2,200 pounds - over 1 ton.)
Crew: 1 pilot
Power: 250 cc engine
Handling: Foot-operated pedals
Land speed: 1.5 km/h (Knight Errant: Under 1 mile per hour)
On board equipment: 2 types of air guns; right side 6 barrel 'Vulcan' style gun, left side 'Shotgun' type gun.
Cockpit-mounted monitor system.


It ends with "Under under and after before the substance..." Which I have no fucking clue how to translate. If a random person reading happens to speak Japanese, help would be appreciated.

The Land Walker Link ... Again.

Legal Disclaimer: Just because I don't like getting sued, and companies are strange nowadays, here's a little legal disclaimer.


ModernKnightErrant is not affiliated with the Sakakibara-Kikai Company, and makes no claim to their products or trademarks. All rights are probably reserved by Sakakibara-Kikai. KnightErrant claims fair use of these photos due to the fact I make exactly jack squat doing this blog. "My Opinions Not Be Their Opinions." KnightErrant received neither compensation nor fornication for his plug of the likely-overpriced but undeniably cool Land Walker 2. That is all.


**************

I ran across something today that I wish I had had three... heck, six years ago. Disposable E-mail addresses. Two websites, Mailinator and PookMail, offer 'disposable' public E-mail. The gist is this: when signing up for something or otherwise asked for an E-mail address by someone you don't want to give your email address to, just pick something from '@mailinator.com' or '@pookmail.com'. For example, you sign up for a website you don't plan on using more than once. So instead of your REAL e-mail, you can type in kissmyass@pookmail.com. If, for some reason, you need to check this e-mail (to confirm an e-mail, for example); you would go to PookMail.Com and type in "kissmyass" for the mailbox name. It would then show you all e-mail sent to that address. After a predetermined amount of time (Mailinator waits a few hours, PookMail about a day), the E-mail gets deleted.

A few quick notes: Disposable e-mails require no password and are not private at all, so don't use them for something that you don't want others to read. Don't use names that will be common if you plan on actually checking the e-mail, as Anyone can use a particular e-mail address. (So kissmyass@pookmail.com is probably not the best idea, once PookMail catches on.) These E-mails are used to avoid spam, and not really much else. But in that regard, they are damn handy.

Unfortunately, a few assholes are already catching on, at least to Mailinator; and some websites won't let you put in a Mailinator address. But still, handy.

**************

My Site-Meter (handy thing) picked up an entry page, namely another blog, that I didn't recognize. So I investigated. And sure enough, someone else has linked to me! Yay! w00t! etc.

I'm not sure who this person is, but I am assuming that 'Jesse B. Reale' knows / is friends with Leigh Ann, who linked to me from her Farrago of a Meshuggner blog; due to some formatting and link similarities.

But hey, I don't care how I get linked to, just that I do get linked to.

Linking makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So, "Jesse" aka "Everyday Vagabond", and thanks for linking to me! For courtesy's sake, here's a little reciprocity.

-->Link to Everyday Vagabond's blog

**************

Well, Kids, that's all I got for tonight. So 'til next time, rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home