Sunday, April 03, 2005

John Paul, Mitch Hedberg, and Macaroni

This is the second time I've written this post. The electricity was knocked out LITERALLY as I was clicking on the "Post" button.

Stupid weather. It should simply not snow in April. I mean, seriously, it was nearing seventy yesterday and now it's bloody SNOWING. Damn weather. Damn power outages.

**********

So to clarify, the April Fool's day post was not actually supposed to fool anyone. It was not so much an April Fool's day prank as it was me simply goofing off. If I was actually trying to trick someone, I could do better than "Mud-hopping throat grappler." Thank you.

**********

So Pope John Paul II passed away today (or as it’s 3:30 AM, yesterday). That's quite sad. He was the pontiff for 26 years, so he's been the pope for literally my entire life. His successor has some really big shoes to fill.

Now, I'm not Catholic and I disagreed with him on several issues (not that anyone besides myself cares what my opinion is anyway), but I respected the man for one reason in particular. If he said it, he meant it. If he taught it, he believed it. If he preached it, it's because it is what he himself felt was right. A public figure standing beside their beliefs is somewhat of a rarity these days. Many preach one thing while doing another. Most public figures only support what is popular at the moment, and change their opinion like some people change their clothes. That simply made people like John Paul even more special.

He was a good man, and will be missed. Even by heathen bastards like myself.

**********

Another man passed away recently. While he was not of the same public importance as the Pope, I rather liked this man and was quite saddened by his death. Mitch Hedberg died Thursday of apparent heart failure. For those of you not familiar with Mr. Hedberg, he was an excellent comedian whose popularity was on the rise. Sharply witty and clever (with a whole lot of stoner mixed in), Hedberg was touted as “the next Seinfeld.” People like Hedberg help us laugh about ourselves, our society, and things we are in general uncomfortable about. Comedians are necessary to our lives. And we lost a good one.

**********

There was more to this post, but I don’t feel like writing it again. So I shall just talk about macaroni. I was out with a friend of mine tonight, and at some point I went “Hey, I’m hungry!” So after careful deliberation… which didn’t take that long because I had the monumental task of choosing between Sheetz or Perkins… I went to Sheetz and got some Chili Mac & Cheese. I have henceforth determined that Mac & Cheese is the ultimate late-night food.

Tasty.

Yes, I know that was quite random, but in my defense it is quite late, I am tired, and I had to rewrite this darn post.

So I shall leave it at that! So ‘til next time, rock on!

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have accepted Mitch Hedberg into my heart as my personal Lord and savior. Have you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home