Monday, April 18, 2005

Better By Comparison

You know that whole “Looks better by comparison” thing? Like when you’re worrying about your weight and/or health, only to see someone waddle by that is approximately three of you pasted together with Crisco? Then you can say “Man, I may not be a bodybuilder, but at least I’m not that!” and then help yourself to another helping of nachos? Yeah, gotta love it.

Yeah, today I also noticed it applies to cars. I was leaving a sporting goods store (…me, purchasing sports equipment… there’s something that doesn’t happen every day) and I went to go back to my car. Parked next to my car was a car of the same make, model, and even color.

Only it was trashed. Really really trashed. Rusted out, worn down, nearly nonexistent.

My car’s old. It’s slightly …ah… dented from some of my less noble escapades. And the headlights are out of whack from when I hit a deer. (Poor, stupid deer. Like dumbassed brick walls on legs.) But it’s still reliable and has got miles left in it, it’s just not a “babe-magnet” or anything.

However, next to this car, my car might of well been a Jag or something. Compared to this rustbucket, mine is the current model of state of the art automotive engineering.

Which is funny, because they were identical when the factory churned them out. But I got this massive feeling of glee in knowing my car may not be the best car on the road, but it was better than the piece of crap parked beside it.

The smug satisfaction I felt at that point knew no bounds.

But that’s all I got for today kids. So ‘til next time, rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home