Friday, April 15, 2005

Savaged by a Saw-Toothed Soup Spoon

I was eating at this excellent Italian restaurant the other day. The cheese ravioli they make there is excellent. The salad bar is also quite good, and includes soups. I love the Italian Wedding Soup. Tasty.

So I was eating my soup, waiting for my ravioli, when I noticed my lip was being cut by something on my spoon. I inspected the spoon, but didn't see anything. After using it for another few bites, my lip hurt. I looked at it again.

One side had been slightly chewed up, as if it had gotten caught in the dishwasher. I had basically been sawing my own lip with a snaggletoothed saw.

Ouchie.

The moral of the story: No matter how good the restaurant, always inspect your dishware before commencing to eat! Even clean stuff can have problems.

That's all I got. So 'til next time, rock on.