Sunday, April 17, 2005

Does this count?

Hm. Well, I originally decided I would post everyday. But somewhere in between connecting to the Internet and actually getting around to posting, I fell asleep. It's now 6:30 in the morning. Does this count as yesterday?

Ha. Ah well, the promise was to myself, so I reckon I can break it with little guilt. ("Bad me!" "I'm sorry." "Oh, okay." ...See, all better!)

So, I learned an important lesson today. (Yesterday.) If someone tells you, "It'll take two hours," go ahead and mentally make it four. It's safer that way.

I also learned one of my cousins is a certifiable psychopath. This psychosis is directly proportional to the number of her friends are in the direct vicinity. When she was by herself, she was merely bugging me. (And occasionally punching me, but you'll have that.) After her friends showed up... ech. Well, I was minding my own business, playing Warcraft III on my other cousin's laptop, and all of a sudden I find the family's cat on my shoulder. The kid said "Don't you think the cat makes a nice parrot?"

Oy.

Well, before I could get a smartass remark out, the cat suddenly realized "Hey, I'm on this asshole's shoulder. I don't want to be here" It went spastic.

Claws. Shoulder, face. Ow. Pain.

Then they started asking me questions. (For reading this in your head, read all my lines in strained monotone, read all of their lines with peppy exuberance)

**
Her: Hey!

Me: What?

Her: Do you watch the O.C.?

Me: No.

Her: Why?

Me: I hate television.

Her: Do you watch Sex in the City?

Me: No

Her: Why?

Me: Refer to previous answer.

Her: What?

Me: Nevermind.

Her: I bet you do watch it, and you just don't want to tell us.

Me: *sigh*

Her friend: Hey, want to play Halo?

Me: Um. I'm all Haloed out, and a bit busy playing Warcraft, but thanks for the offer.

Her friend: Okay. You sure?

Me: Yes.

Her friend: Really really sure?

Me: Yes. And last time I played you, I won fifty to three. You hit me with your controller.

Her friend: You should just take it easy on me then.

Me (Thinking about how I only used the pistol the entire match, letting her have the Rocket Launcher et al.): Ah... That was me taking it easy on you.

Her friend: Oh, okay. But I still want to play!

Me (wondering why they just don't play against each other): Um... I'm leaving in a few minutes anyway, we wouldn't have enough time to get a decent game going.

Her friend: Aww, okay.

My cousin again: Do you watch the Real World?

Me: For the love of God, somebody help me.
***

Ah well. So about an hour of this treatment...still managing to play Warcraft, mind you... I finally couldn't take being asked which purse I like the best (Did I suddenly become an expert?) and having things randomly thrown and/or put on me (Cats, necklaces, my shoe, et cetra), I fled. I made it upstairs from their basement, and my aunt said "Hey, you lasted a long time down there."

Yes, I did. I am perseverant. And now, I am also a little less sane.

But that's all I got. So 'til next time, rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home