Thursday, March 31, 2005

AOL IM Minirant

While I'm at it:

<minirant>

Speaking of craptastic design, who the fuck managed to screw up the login process for AOL Instant Messenger so badly? I hate bitching about free software, but I'll make an exception in AIM's case.

I was sitting here, minding my own business, talking to a friend and my cousin and AIM fucking boots me off. So I try to reconnect. It sits there for five fucking minutes before returning an error saying "AIM service can not be reached."

Hell, you say!

So I try again. And again. And again and again and again to the point where I'm getting mad.

Finally, the damn thing gets beyond Step "1: Connecting" and moves to "2: Verifying name and password." Ahh, good. Since I have password saved for autologin, that shouldn't be a problem. Zero chance it's the wrong password, ya know?

Again, it sits there for a minute before bouncing the error "Connection lost. Check your internet connection."

Of course, I'm over here doing everything short of hacking the fucking Pentagon, and I'm supposed to check myinternet connection?

How about the codemonkeys over at AOL check their fucking login scripts instead. I could have retarded aardvarks smoke crack and they would still write better code.

If it wasn't for the fact that everyone and their aunt's sister's brother's son's cousin uses the damn program nowadays, I wouldn't be using it. I was happy with ICQ.

I need to switch to Trillian really badly.

ah, well. I'm done for the day.

</minirant>

Time for sleep. So 'til next time, rock on.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, where are the graphics?
I want them! I need them!
CANADA!!!!

Your friend,
Salvio Officinalis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home